Tuesday 4 March 2014

CROCK POT BALSAMIC CHICKEN

I made this chicken tonight and served it over a spinach salad with orange balsamic vinaigrette... IT WAS SOOO DELICIOUS. It was soooo fresh tasting and was so easy to make. New Favourite (my hubby says it tastes like a chicken salad you would order in a restaurant and I agree!) YUM. 




Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken

Ingredients:
  • 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 tbsp olive oil (I used Oliv brand, Italian Herb)
  • 1 tsp basil seasoning (could also use italian seasoning for a bit more flavour)
  • 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • sprinkling of red onions, chopped
  • sprinkling of dried red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar (I used Oliv brand, Cask 18 Balsamic Vinegar)

Directions: 
  • Cover bottom on crock pot with 2 tbsp of olive oil
  • Place chicken in bottom of crock pot
  • Add basil, garlic, onions, and red pepper flakes on top of chicken
  • Pour balsamic vinegar on top of chicken
  • Cover and cook on low for ~ 5 hours or high for ~3 hours (note: I cooked on high for 3.5 hours and my chicken somehow dried out, but I only cooked 2 chicken breasts)
  • Serve over a salad or create a delicious sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment