Friday 21 March 2014

PESTO AVOCADO FETA PIZZA

OK... THIS IS THE ONE!!! This is the most delicious piece of food that I have made to date. Zack loved it equally, if not more, than I did. And of course, the remaining half avocado that I didn't use on the pizza, I made some delicious guac for our "side dish".

Super quick and super easy - will make for a delicious weeknight meal that will definitely be added into our "regulars" list.



Pesto Avocado Feta Pizza

Ingredients:
  • Flatbread, naan bread, or pizza crust - your preference
  • 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast, sliced into small pieces
  • 1 roma tomato
  • 1/2 avocado, pitted and chopped into small cubes
  • Feta
  • Spinach, chopped
  • 1 prepared Epicure's Pesto or pesto of your choice
    • Epicure Pesto Herb Mix
    • olive oil
    • parmesan cheese
**note: could add any toppings of your liking. I found that the above complimented the pesto base perfectly. I honestly don't know if I would add anything else! 

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Cook chicken in skillet, turning ~5 minutes, until cooked thoroughly (note: I sprinkled some additional dry pesto herb mix over chicken while cooking)
  • Lay flatbread out onto baking pan
  • Spread pesto onto flatbread
  • Top with desired amounts of toppings (note: I added avocado after cooking to preserve flavour)
  • Place in oven and bake ~10 minutes or until crust is golden brown
  • Serve with guacamole and chips for an extra treat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment