Wednesday 5 March 2014

GRILLED GUACAMOLE AND CHEESE SANDWICH

So, my husband is out of town which usually means that my suppers consist of left overs, PB & J, or nothing. Juliet is the pickiest thing in the world so no point in cooking for her and Oliver would eat anything, but he's only 10 months old, so I technically don't need to cook for him.

ANYWAYS... I had some avocados that needed to get used up so I was trying to think of something that I could use guac with didn't consist of me actually making anything SO I thought, hmm... haven't made a grilled cheese sandwich in forever, I wonder what it would be like if I threw some guac in there? It was actually pretty tasty! Instead of dipping it in ketchup I used salsa. YUM. Quick, easy, and was a good late night, exhausted from a day of trampolining and shopping and chasing after my kids, meal. Would probably serve better as lunch vs. supper... but some days, you just gotta do what you gotta do!



Grilled Guacamole and Cheese Sandwich

Ingredients:
  • guacamole Recipe for Guacamole
  • 2 slices of bread (I used rye)
  • cheese (I used a combination of mozzarella and cheddar, although would probably taste better with some jack or provolone... I just didn't have any)
  • margarine
Directions:
  • Warm up non-stick pan on medium heat
  • Spread small amount of margarine on slices of bread, exterior portions that will touch the pan so as to not stick (as you would with normal grilled cheese sandwich)
  • Place one slice of bread onto pan, butter side down
  • Add desired amount of guacamole and top with cheese
  • Place second piece of bread on top, butter side out
  • Warm up, so bread browns and cheese is melted
  • Serve with salsa. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment