Sunday 23 February 2014

MEXICAN FRITTATA

I am weird when it comes to eggs. I don't really like them, but I kind of do. I think it's more the texture that I have a problem with then the actual eggs themselves (I have MAJOR texture issues with foods). I could never imagine eating a poached egg or fried eggs where the yolk seeps out **slight body quiver at the thought of this**; however, I am fine with scrambled eggs. So, I thought I would give this a try. They actually turned out delicious and the other eight people I served them to really liked them as well. I made some extras, so I'm planning on seeing what they taste like warmed up - if they reheat well, could be a great breakfast to-go or a mid-morning snack at work. Will update.



Mexican Frittata

Ingredients: 
  • 8 eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 to 1 cup mozzarella and cheddar cheese
  • 3/4 cup salsa
  • 1/2 cup lean turkey bacon or ground turkey
**didn't have time to chop any veggies, but next time will definitely will include chopped onions and peppers. Could also include cooked potato hash browns for a different twist as well. If you like the taste of cilantro, a hint of that would also add flavour.

Directions:
  • Heat oven to 350 degrees
  • Cook turkey meat in pan on stove top until fully cooked
  • In separate bowl, beat eggs well and then add milk, cheeses, salsa, cooked turkey, and any other cooked veggies
  • Pour mixture into non-stick muffin pans, about 3/4 full
  • Bake for 20 minutes or until set

No comments:

Post a Comment