Wednesday 12 February 2014

TIPS & NOTES

NOTES: 
  • I usually tweak most recipes to my liking, I suggest you do the same.
  • Play around, have some fun! If you find a combination that you like better, please share!
  • I cannot take 100% credit for the majority of recipes posted as a lot of them I found on various websites or blogs and have tweaked them to my liking
  • I never add salt to my recipes, even if it calls for it. Foods contain enough sodium as it is, I don't think we need to add more.
  • When a recipe calls for garlic powder, I use fresh, chopped garlic instead
  • Try cooking with different spices or vegetables or herbs. Despite not liking the taste of the food on its own, cooking with it can change the flavour (eg. I dislike onions, however I cook with them all the time). Be adventurous!

TIPS:
  • Garlic. If you want a stronger taste, add it the recipe near the end. If you prefer a subtle garlic taste, add it at the beginning. The longer it cooks, the less potency it has. 
  • When cooking in crock pot, resist the urge to open the lid and check on your food! By opening the lid, liquid escapes which is needed to keep your food juicy and delicious! It is especially important when you are cooking with minimal liquids or items, like chicken, that don't produce a ton of juices. 


No comments:

Post a Comment